Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Muse

Gustav Flaubert once confessed that he kept a drawer full of rotting apples to inspire his writing. Leo Tolstoy kept the leather glove of a loved one. I'm sure history is littered with such strange inspirations from artists, writers, poets and musicians looking to keep their creative juices flowing.

My assignment this week is to read up on the muses of Greek mythology, think about what or whom inspires me, and shoot it. How do you decide when your senses pull you in so many directions?

On another topic, if you haven't heard of the 101010 project, check it out. The idea; ten photographers from around the world, ten pictures, one day. I was so inspired that I started my own group on Facebook. Since 101010 has passed us by, I made it 102310. If you're interested in joining, please let me know. I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share