Saturday, October 23, 2010

102310 Project

I mentioned that I started a group in Facebook called 102310. My goal was to invite photographers, professional and amateur, to take one day and do what they love best; take pictures. I originally hoped that I could find ten photographers, as the 101010 project did, to take ten pictures and share them. The results exceeded my goals as some friends invited other friends and the project became 31 members strong. I had no special awards to offer, nor have a figured out a way (yet) to create a single photo album where these pictures can be gathered as a group and viewed together. But I built it and they came.

My own experience in taking these ten pictures didn't come off entirely as planned, but that aligned with my idea that I wanted not to go to some special extreme to capture something extraordinary. Rather, I wanted to find the special images one sees in an ordinary day. Nonetheless, my husband and I made our way to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival in hopes of seeing something new.  Along with the rest of Central Ohio. I didn't get to my caffeine fix soon enough in the day and a headache had taken possession of my head. After sitting in traffic for an hour and a half, inching along, one of thousands of cars with no hopes for a parking space in a small town, we decided to abort the mission. On our way home, we stopped at Rennick's family farm. I took a few shots and we returned home where I completed my project.

I am delighted at the passion with which other photographers have approached this completely random project. As the other members continue to post their results, I see such a variety of images from across the country. Some place emphasis on color and texture, while others have chosen to shoot favorite places or loved ones. All of the images speak about the photographer's special perspective of the world they live in.

Here are a few of mine.

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share