Monday, June 14, 2010

Some things bear repeating ...



About a year ago, I gave you my recipe for pesto. I was a little stunned this weekend to find that I'd already had more than enough basil to make more. Life can be good that way.

Pesto by Food Processor Method

2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons romano cheese (optional)
3 tablespoons butter (I skip this step)
Briefly soak the basil in cold water and pat dry. Put the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and an ample pinch of salt in the food processor and blend until you have a smooth, uniform consistency. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and fold in the cheese. (If you choose to add the romano and butter, you would do so at this point.)

I often throw the pesto in the freezer until I'm ready to use it. It keeps its flavor nicely.

What did you eat this weekend?

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share