Monday, June 14, 2010

The Essence of Summer



As we head into the general elections, I thought I'd give you all an opportunity to practice voting. There's a new photo contest at Midwest Photo Exchange, and they want pictures of summer. There are all sorts of interpretations being submitted, but I wanted to submit something that reminded me of childhood, when I could experience summer fully, without the cares that maturity brings. A bumble bee, the smell of home-grown tomatoes, and crab apples that have fallen to the ground. So, please, go here and vote for me and I promise to lower your taxes and improve the education system. Or at least take more pictures.

How do you envision summer?

4 comments:

Kai said...

Hi there, such smart and beautiful photos you make :)

For me, summer time is really connected with the sea. The beach breath, milkshakes and icecreams, good food, free unwind time, meet-ups with old friends...

Rita Finn said...

Thank you so much, Kai! You have a lovely vision of summer!

Anonymous said...

I love the tomatillos shot! I voted for you...

Shannon

Rita Finn said...

As always, Shannon, you are awesome!

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share