Monday, October 4, 2010

October is Purple

I'm a bit reticent to admit it's already October. I've not yet committed to putting away my summer things. I realize I'm behind a bit, but I've decided that October is purple. Or plum. Or eggplant. I don't know how much purple I'll be able to deliver as I really don't see that much of it around me.

You have to realize, I come to assigning a color to each month by a very scientific method. I give a numerological value to each letter in the spelling of the month (a=1, b=2, etc.), and then add up the numbers. I then multiply that by the number the month falls under (October=10). I use the Gregorian calendar, though we all know that the Julian calendar had it right giving about five days to August. I then refer to the Pantone color chart to determine that month's color. Pantone 780C (I prefer coated over uncoated).

Okay, so I lied. Everybody knows that Pantone 780C doesn't exist.

Have you seen some nice purples lately?

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share