Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Porches are for Summer




I didn't grow up with porches, so I always thought that people who had them had something unspeakably wonderful. More than a conduit from the outside to the in, it's something halfway in-between. It's a summer living room. I love when I see porches with rugs, furniture and a festival of plants and flowers. But whether you have a minimalist statement in white and green or an enclosed porch shrouded in bushes, now is the time to grab a seat and watch the neighbors stroll by with their dogs.




This porch - I've had a crush on it for years. You can't tell from the picture, but the screens are made from cooper, so when the light shines through, it has this warm glow.

Do you have a porch? Do you live on it in the summer? What does it look like? Send me a picture!

3 comments:

Jane Grant Tougas said...

I like them all, but I want the third one with the windows. I would rather have a screened porch with an attached flagstone patio than a deck -- any day.

Rita Finn said...

The windowed porch is exquisite, isn't it? Makes me want to have tea and madeleines.

Rita Finn said...

The windowed porch is exquisite, isn't it? Makes me want to have tea and madeleines.

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share