Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Faces




I've been pouring all of my productivity into my day job these days, and I'm actually quite lucky with the project I've been working on. Me and my partner have been taking pictures of every. single. employee. This is no small task, since it involves actual thousands of people. But what has fascinated me about it is how, when people submit themselves for a brief head shot, you get so much information from their faces; what they're wearing, whether they smile, if they look straight into the camera. It's a fleeting moment, but I've noticed how varied and beautiful the human race is. As many of these people are relative strangers, you begin to wonder how well they slept last night, if they listen to jazz, classical, or indie music, whether they have some serious chocolate addiction. It's endlessly fascinating. I can't share them with you, of course, because they are not my pictures. But I recommend you take pictures of strangers and learn something for yourself.

2 comments:

Lupine(Diane) said...

That does sound facinating. I bet most of them smile becouse you are there taking their picture :)

Rita Finn said...

Ah, but some do not because they are shy, worried, tired, or nervous. But they are all interesting!

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share