Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bruce Munro


























I'm late to the show, but I saw Bruce Munro's exhibit at the Franklin Park Conservatory over the weekend. There's something endearing about his simple appreciation of light and color. From his Giant Snowballs to his Light Shower, the spaces just pulse with an energy. The Field of Light reminds me of John Singer Sargent's painting of the Victorian children in the garden with Chinese lanterns.
His artist's statement is the least pretentious one I have ever read. "It's a privilege to exhibit at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. I hope that work I create, which is but a fleeting intervention in the gardens calendar, leaves those who experience it with a smile and a positive spirit." is his final explanation of why he creates what he creates. "You need a medium to find yourself and to explain things to other people. Mine happens to be light."

The show is open from dusk to 11:00pm until March 30. Do go see it.

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share