Monday, December 19, 2011

Mushrooms, Lichen and Fungi




Hi, friends. Have you been well? I hope so. I know it's been a while and I finally have a few things to share. I've picked up a new interest. I've decided to learn my mushrooms, lichens, moss and fungi. This is actually turning out to be a little tougher than it first appeared. Did you know that not all fungi are mushrooms? It's true. To that, add that there are counterfeits. For example, the top picture is of a Turkey Tail mushroom, not to be confused with the False Turkey Tail which looks an awful like the one above. It isn't as easy as marked bins at the grocery store. Nature doesn't come with tags, which I'm somewhat glad about. And then there are seasons and ranges, and some like rotting oak better than living pine. It's a bit complicated. But stay tuned and I hope to show you a few things in the coming months.

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share