Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Freedom

I'm just back from an all-too-brief visit to Chicago, and with a packed schedule, had little time to shoot anything but the view from the balcony of my (all too chic) room in this hotel. Between meetings today, I dashed across the street to B&N to buy the latest issue of B&W and Color magazine. On the flight home I read an interview with Nobuyoshi Araki about his career in photography. In it, he said something that struck a chord with me, "The more freedom you get, it becomes less free. Art always has to be against something. Otherwise, you can't have motivation." This helped me to recast my perception of restricted time in an amazing city. Looking at the first picture, I have to wonder, what were those projects taped to the the wall? What was the beverage left unopened on the desk by that office worker?

No comments:

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share