Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Abstract










































Every new photography class presents interesting challenges; learning about the instructor's philosophical approach to capturing the visual world, what is important to him/her, and what is unacceptable subject matter (pets, flowers, babies, and ceiling fans). This class is no exception, and has had me hitting the streets for new ways of looking at the same materials that have been around since photography was invented.

This week's mission? Abstract images in which you cannot discern what you are actually looking at, with emphasis on color, line, and texture. What works for you? What doesn't? Why?

7 comments:

Carol Castle said...

once again you blow me away.

Jane Grant Tougas said...

I have no idea what the last photo is. The lines and circles are and colors are great. I think it might be ice, but I am not sure.

Rita Finn said...

Carol, you flatter me ...
Jane, the last is a glass bottle (shamefully) thrown in the grass with condensation on the inside.

tonyboloni said...

Image number one: the red orange rust contrasting with the yellow green lichen is wonderful for the depth of color.

Bottle in the grass stumped me until I read the explanation.

Number one is my favorite.

Tony

Stephanie said...

This is fantastic! I see that you indeed found some interesting textures during your alley stroll.

Rita Finn said...

Stephanie, I did indeed. Thank you ... and happy gardening!

Meat On The Mirror Productions said...

Very cool Photos!

Share this with the world

Bookmark and Share